Allumia is recruiting an intern with a passion for Energy Efficiency!
Partnering with utility companies, we fund, design, manage and maintain complete efficiency upgrades for our small to mid-size commercial and industrial customers. We are proud to run a business that addresses our world’s energy consumption and has a positive impact on the environment.
As a software development intern, you will assist in feature development and maintenance on our core software platform. We also have coding opportunities on our IoT platform. You’ll be working on a tight-knit team, giving you lots of 1:1 time with the other developers and allowing you plenty of opportunities to polish your skills. You'll come out of this internship well prepared to continue a career as a software engineer at Allumia (we regularly hire our interns into full-time positions) or elsewhere (we have alumni at Microsoft, Amazon, etc.).
- Participate in sprint planning, daily stand-up, and product design meetings with the rest of the software team.
- Learn our stack. We use React and TypeScript on the front end with GraphQL and Ruby on Rails powering the backend, built on AWS and with some C++ and Node thrown in for good measure. You’ll develop skills and learn best practices around these to the point where you can work independently on feature development.
- Take ownership. You’ll get to experience the full lifecycle of a feature, from collaborating with stakeholders to shipping user-facing production code.
- Read and review other developers’ code, and incorporate feedback you receive on yours.
$30 per hour
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You value collaboration. You will be working closely with the other members of our development team as you gain experience.
- You are a critical thinker. We value the opinions of all team members during the feature design process, including yours.
- You are self-directed and capable of working independently. You are comfortable problem-solving on your own, but willing to ask for help when stuck.
This is a three-month, full-time internship for the summer or fall. We’re hybrid at the moment, and expect you to be at our office in downtown Seattle 2–3 times per week. Start and end dates are flexible. Authorization to work in the United States is required.
Interested applicants should submit resumes to [email protected] with the job title of interest in the subject line.