About the team
At Allumia, our team is not only committed to achieving business success but is also passionate about making a positive impact on the environment. Our team is composed of bright and driven individuals from diverse backgrounds - finance, electrical engineering, and software development - working in unison to redefine energy efficiency.
We are fueled by our mission to reduce carbon emissions and contribute to a sustainable future, creating a business model that aligns profitability with purpose. Our work environment encourages creativity, innovation, and collaboration, allowing us to develop scalable solutions for our partners and clients, including energy providers, retailers, and hotel chains.
If you are eager to contribute to a meaningful cause while working alongside a team of dedicated and talented professionals, Allumia is the ideal place for you. Your work with us will not only shape the trajectory of our fast-growing business but will also significantly influence our efforts toward creating a more energy-efficient world.
About the position
Allumia is looking for a business development professional to support our expanding focus on hospitality customers. This role will support Allumia’s existing relationships with hotel brand groups by developing energy efficiency projects and deals with brand franchisees seeking to hit sustainability targets. This role will be responsible for managing our relationship with those franchisees throughout the deal development and closing steps. Solutions will include measures such as lighting, HVAC, refrigeration, demand control kitchen ventilation, water efficiency measures, EV chargers, and more.
This is a relational role perfect for someone with a strong consultative sales background and experience with the unique needs of hotel owners and managers.
- Collaborate with our partners and our marketing team to perform outreach for end user customers including attending events, outbound contacts, and thought leadership (blog posts, webinars, social media, etc)
- Meet with interested customers to provide preliminary information about Allumia’s value proposition and secure early-stage buy-in from them
- Gather information required by Allumia’s Sales Engineering team to generate proposals, including written and verbal requests and, where necessary, in-person participation in facility auditing
- Present customer proposals and close customers on our contract
- 5+ years of experience in sales
- 5+ years of experience working in the hospitality industry or selling directly to hotels as a primary customer group
- 2+ years of sales experience selling $5 million or more in total volume
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in energy or water is a strong plus, but not a requirement
Compensation: $106k salary, $50k on-target commission, health insurance, 401k w/ match
About the team